Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Biscoff Cookie Spread by Lotus

Ohhh this is a new favorite of mine.  It is so yummy, and the best part is that I don't have to endure the lingering aftertaste of cinnamon.  There is hope for us cinnamon-haters (sorry for that strong word) to enjoy cookie butter.



The Speculoos Cookie Butter fever has inflicted many Pinoys as early as 2013.  I for one was a skeptic to buy a jar because it contains cinnamon, which the weird in me does not like.  I heard some online sellers recommending Lotus Biscoff because they claim it is even better than the Trader Joe Cookie Butter.


I chanced upon this at Rustan's Supermarket in Gateway for only...wait you're gonna like this...for only Php379!  It's even cheaper than buying online for as low as Php380 plus shipping fee.  I am just not sure how much lower others sell this, but the ones I checked even offer this at Php450 to Php500 a jar.  If you have read my other posts, you already probably know that I love a good bargain.


We like it so much by itself that the jar is almost halfway eaten by the afternoon.  It was opened in the afternoon too, LOL.


I prefer creamy spreads because I am afraid of losing a tooth on crunchy alternatives.  Yeah specifically the crunchy peanut butter spreads.


"Biscoff European Cookie Spread is an irresistible, spreadable treat made from Biscoff Cookies.  Enjoy it on toast, with apples, as a secret ingredient in recipes or straight out of the jar!"

I bought this for cupcake flavor inspiration, but so far, I eat this straight out of the jar.  "Pinapapak na parang Milo at gatas na walang tubig."


There were also other variants of Lotus Biscoff spread at Rustan's including the Crunchy and the Caramel Biscoff spreads which are pricier than the Creamy.  Biscoff Cookies are also available there at the supermarket.



Ingredients:
*Biscoff Cookies 57% {wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils (soy bean oil, sunflower oil, canola oil, palm oil), soy flour, brown sugar, leavening (sodium bicarbonate), salt, cinnamon}
*Canola Oil
*Sugar
*Emulsifier (soy lecithin)
*Citric Acid

My Thoughts:
*Delicious.
*Yummy to eat on its own.
*Great to give a gift this holiday season.

*Like in other spreads, there was some amount of oil that separated from the rest of the mixture.
*I can't emphasize enough that I am not a fan of cinnamon, and I can attest that I don't get the funky cinnamon aftertaste with this spread compared to the Trade Joe's.  Honestly, I can't really compare them well since I tasted the TJ spread from a certain doughnut and not from the jar itself.
*I'll definitely buy again.
*I would be glad to receive this a gift.


Thank you for reading.

God bless! (^_~)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment