Tuesday, December 31, 2013

RCMA Vincent Kehoe Foundation Palette

Since it is already December 31, I guess it is safe to say that this would be my last haul for 2013.  Presenting the RCMA VK #11 foundation palette...





RCMA stands for The Research Council of Makeup Artists (see below).  This Vincent Kehoe foundation palette is one of their best sellers.  They produce makeup for TV and film, so I was told. :)

The net weight of this palette is 39 g.
 


 The VK palette has 18 shades in all namely SH-1, SH-2, SH-3, SH-4, SH-5, SH-6, SH-7, SH-8, Porcelin, Ivory, Gena Beige, Tan Tone, OL-1, OL-2, OL-3, OL-4, S-1, and CS-2.  Almost half of VK#11 palette is the Shinto shades.



 What it says on the packaging:
RCMA's Foundation/Concealer palette is a staple for professional makeup artists across the world.  Due to our high pigmentation, you can use RCMA as a foundation or concealer.  Why buy two different products when you can buy one that does both job!  Apply RCMA lightly to the skin for a flawless finish perfect for HD or everyday wear.  With 18 colors to mix and match, you'll find there are endless possibilities of different skin tones, all in one palette!

Ingredients:
Isopropyl myristate, Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, Copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax/Cera carnauba, Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax/Candelilla cera, ozokerite, propylparaben, BHT, sorbitan sesquioleate.
May Contain (plus or minus):
Titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77492, CI 77499), talk, chrominum oxide green (CI 77288), yellow 5 (19140), red 6 (CI 15850), orange 4 (CI 15510), ultramarines (CI 77007).


I am not big user of foundation.  I find it unnecessary and heavy for my face.  Also, I have oily skin, and makeup just tends to slide off my face so I don't want to get uncomfortable and worry about my face melting.  I use BB cream and some concealer and try to take care of my skin... but, there are times when I want to have full coverage but light makeup.  It is possible with this foundation.  A little goes a long way.  It is very pigmented.

This is a cream foundation so sweating is normal and it does not affect the quality of the product.

For size comparison, above is my iPhone 3GS and below is the palette.  The palette is pretty compact and with a full-sized mirror.

RCMA foundation palette is available at Digital Traincase.  They are the official retailer in the Philippines.  I buy at Digital Traincase during bazaars, and I love their Milani Liquid Eye liner.  It was my first time to order online at their store just to take advantage of the online exclusive 13% off.

The palette is pricey and recommended for makeup artists.  I can say I already saved a lot with the 13% off.  Plus, I purchased this palette as I am starting to build up my kit.  For my clients, I want to use products that actually works for me too.  With that, I say this actually works for me.  It is also good for photography.  I only needed minimal touchups during the day.  I still have my oily bits though, but nothing that blotting paper and little powdering can fix.  Overall, my look lasts until I am about to wash it off at night.  Kumbaga fresh pa rin pag-uwi, in fairness.

I also recently used this palette to a very dear friend/client, and she reported back to me that she liked the makeup and only needed to touch up her lipstick.  Glad that she liked my work and glad that I had this palette in time for that.  My "OC-ness" saved the day.

I would recommend this palette to people who are serious with makeup; otherwise, let me do your makeup, haha.  I admit I still need to learn more and practice more.  That would be one of my goal for 2014.

Thank you for reading.

God bless. (^_~)

Goodbye 2013... Welcome 2014... Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment